Join Our Email Club

Blueberry Muffin Tops “makes a meal out of gaming”

March 26-28th marked Malt-O-Meal Blueberry Muffin Tops (BBMT) variety debut at the first annual PAX East gaming convention in Boston, MA. For those non-gamers among us, PAX stands for Penny Arcade Expo, a tradition started in 2004 by the makers of the Penny Arcade web comic.

Malt-O-Meal teamed up with famed gaming blog to serve breakfast to gamers at the PAX East Conference. The / Blue Berry Muffin Tops Breakfast was born after our friends at contacted BBMT to express their love for this crunchy, blueberry Malt-O-Meal cereal variety.  BBMT cereal is quite popular “Nerd Chow” (i.e. readily available food with no prep required) among gamers and enthusiasts. Our friends at had the brilliant idea of joining forces offline to bring the joy of a Blueberry Muffin Tops breakfast to 600 lucky video gamers and enthusiast attending the conference from all over the world. Disney® also jumped on board to debut the latest release of  their virtual street racing game, Split/Second®. Franchise Design Director, Paul Glancy of Black Rock Studio, UK developed this game and was in attendance at the breakfast to run game demo kiosks and answer attendee questions about the game that will appear on retailer shelves by Fall 2010.

Malt-O-Meal distributed 600 bowls of their Blueberry Muffin Tops variety to eager fans who waited in line for chance to obtain an entrance wrist band, and again for entry into the event hall. While attending the breakfast event, guests were also invited to play Disney game Rock Band 2®, that also made its debut at a previous event.

For additional information and event coverage please visit the Blueberry Muffin Tops blog at: http://blueberrymuffintops.malt

8 Responses to Blueberry Muffin Tops “makes a meal out of gaming”

1. Robert Hall says:

Blueberry Muffin Tops are great to just “snack” right out of the package–milk optional.

2. TOM CHEEK says:

my favorite ceral, blueberry muffin, has been discontinued at my local dollar general store here in walnut cove, nc.
    Where close to walnut cove can i still get this brand and size?
    tom cheek
    walnut cove nc 27052

• Carla Walker says:

To Whom This May Concern: Please tell me it isn’t so… One of my fave cereals, the Malt-O-Meal/BBMT, got discontinued??? (Such a tasty cereal–loved that flavor!) I was so disappointed when I could no longer find it @ our Winco Foods here in the Boise/Nampa area. Please say that you’ll be bringing it back!?!?! ;)) Like ASAP, please?!?! Thanx 4 letting me vent! caew

3. Emily Hurst says:

The only cereal I will eat is your Blueberry Muffin Tops! I can’t find them anywhere! Are you still making them?? Where can I find them?? Please help!!

4. melissa weaver says:

I work at walmart where we at one time carried blueberry muffin tops and no longer have it…I been looking at all stores in york, pa with no luck. Please bring them back.

5. Bex says:

Is BBMT discontinued! I don’t see it at the store anymore- and certainly I am sad about that.

6. Shawnda says:

Where can I buy muffin tops cereal in Michigan? Can’t find it ANYWHERE!

• mmadmin says:

Hello Shawnda. Unfortunately, due to lack of consumer demand, we have discontinued Blueberry Muffin Tops.